Cloud computing has become an economic driver in today’s digital age. It has changed the way IT solutions are delivered in large conglomerates as well as in SMEs. According to a study, if more SMEs adopt the latest IT tools in India they could boost revenues by $56 billion and create more than 1.1 million jobs in the country. As per Gartner, by 2021 cloud computing market will exceed $2.1 billion in end-user spending and the growth is likely to be driven by the SME sector.
Here are the reasons why SMEs should adopt cloud computing-
1. It’s simple and cuts down cost– Cloud computing solutions are considered expensive and unaffordable for SMEs. But in actuality, it is cost-effective for cash-strained SMEs to run IT solutions by having an account with a cloud computing service provider. Cloud computing reduces the investment made in hardware and software as these services are rendered by the service provider on pay-per-use basis or subscription basis. It cuts down the operating cost and total cost of ownership drastically by reducing the risk of operation.
Additionally, cloud service providers offer tailored cloud-based solutions for different verticals of SMEs so that they do not have to spend on entire software suite.
2. It secures network– Cloud ensures a well-functioning, developed and secure network, provided there is high-speed internet connectivity. Sophisticated and elevated amounts of security protocol guarantees business and data protection. Therefore, data stored in the cloud is considered to be trustworthy and reliable.
3. Easy Accessibility– Since internet connection is the only requirement for accessing cloud services, it is platform independent, and cloud services can be accessed anywhere, anytime and on any device- smart phones, desktops, laptops or any other mobility devices.
4. Scalability– Given the dynamic business environment, it is essential that SMEs possess the abilities to adapt quickly to the market changes to remain relevant and competitive. Cloud services are scalable on demand and are priced on a pay-per-use basis. Pay-per-use model means that SMEs pay only for the IT services they avail and scale up easily by paying for more users and modules as per business needs, without any large-scale investment in software, applications or IT personnel.
5. Maintenance by service providers– Data maintenance and software up gradation are provided by the service provider ensuring that SMEs do not worry about change in software version or installation charges.
Cloud computing solutions, thus, help SMEs in implementing technologies quickly and smoothly so that they can access new markets with better branding, gain competitive advantage and deliver optimal customer experience.
“SMB Connect is India’s largest integrated solution platform which links small and medium sized enterprises and entrepreneurs across the nation. Our mission is to build supportive communities by using effective solutions to connect with customers, providing advisory solutions, leveraging training programs and sharing the experiences of other businesses, so that SMBs can overcome all odds and succeed. Because we believe, Small Can Be Big!
We work on three fundamental principles- Connect, Knowledge and Growth to empower SMEs and to act as catalyst in their development process.
Small and medium enterprises in India & Small business Services are in full swing. SMBConnect provides India’s largest integrated solution platform which links SME company, Business advisory services and entrepreneurs.
Grow your small and micro enterprises & small business services in India with the help of business services and startup events. Learn to focus on creative small business ideas and Solution by analyzing roadmap of successful entrepreneurs in India and also enhance entrepreneurship development skills with large amount of educate small and medium enterprises & small business in india.