Entrepreneurship isn’t a smooth sail, especially if you are a woman attempting to make a mark in the male-dominated business world. There are a lot of challenges and obstacles that women entrepreneurs have to endure. And yet, there are a few ways in which you can overcome obstacles and ensure success.
1. Think Like a Businesswoman– To thrive in the corporate world, you should be able to chart out effective business strategies, make quick and well-informed decisions and spot business-apt lies. Ask yourself questions that directly address your ability to earn revenue- How do I find new customers? How do I get new partners? Who I am competing against? How do I build the unique selling position of my product? What should I do to expand my business?
The answers to these questions won’t come easy to you but once you have them, they will help you strategise better and face bitter challenges with relative ease. Even so when the fact that a woman has to work twice as hard to elicit a ‘yes’ for advertising, attracting investment, and selling is well-established and widely accepted.
2. Support Other Women Entrepreneurs– It is said learning multiplies when shared. When you develop a support system wherein women support each other through mentoring and partnering, you actually contribute to your own growth by gaining alternative perspectives, business insights and valuable inputs. Like-minded acquaintances provide you a motivational boost and help you gather qualitative information along with great networking opportunities.
You have to learn and preach that it is okay to not know everything and that failure is not the opposite of success, it is actually a part of it. Simultaneously, it is also important to know and educate how to ask questions, how not to repeat mistakes and how to collaborate with other stakeholders.
3. Build Market Position- Innovative and driven individuals are recognised and appreciated by business peers, which certainly contributes to their success in the longer run. Nurture a unique position in the market with your personal involvement in all business matters.
As a woman, you are likely to encounter more professional challenges and your thought processes may be distinct in comparison to your male counterparts. To build credibility, learn to communicate effectively, take note of the minutest details, leave no scope for mistakes and ensure you work well ahead of your deadlines.
4. Learn to Delegate Tasks– Successful businesswomen know what matters require personal supervision and handling and what tasks can be delegated to other employees. They are also aware that their time is precious and has to be used strategically and thus, they do not mind getting assistance. But while delegating matters, you have to make sure that you assign tasks to an individual who is a high-achiever, is keen to learn and who draws confidence from your encouragement.
5. Stay Persistent and Positive– You must sound twice as convincing in your dealings and demeanour in the male-dominated business world. Be disciplined and try to instil discipline in your employees, contacts and associates as well. Do not lose sight of your goals, no matter how difficult the challenge. Also remember, perseverance and dedication is the key to thrive in the entrepreneurship landscape!
SMB Connect is India’s largest integrated solution platform which links
small and medium sized enterprises and entrepreneurs across the nation.
Our mission is to build supportive communities by using effective
solutions to connect with customers, providing advisory solutions,
leveraging training programs and sharing the experiences of other
businesses, so that SMBs can overcome all odds and succeed. Because we
believe, Small Can Be Big!
We work on three fundamental principles- Connect, Knowledge and Growth
to empower SMEs and to act as catalyst in their development process.
Small and medium enterprises in India & Small business Services are in
full swing. SMBConnect provides India’s largest integrated solution
platform which links SME company, Business advisory services and
Grow your small and micro enterprises & small business services in
India with the help of business services and startup events. Learn to
focus on creative small business ideas and Solution by analyzing
roadmap of successful entrepreneurs in India and also enhance
entrepreneurship development skills with large amount of educate small
and medium enterprises & small business in india.”