Brands want to be seen and heard and social media platforms give them the opportunity to do just that. Brands, agencies and corporates leverage social media to reach thousands of people at once. But, while they engage in campaigns, contests, polls, videos and infographics to engage with their audience, they often miss out the basics.
Here are six tips to help you use social media platforms more intelligently and strategically-
1. Understand your Purpose of Posting– Before you start posting on social media, know what you want to achieve out of it and what your target audience is. Your content and marketing strategy should revolve around the answers to these questions, that is, every marketing effort you make on social media should be directed at accomplishing your purpose.
2. Use a mix of images, videos and illustrations- Using a mix of pictures, infographics, memes, GIFs, boomerangs and videos make your posts more interesting and appealing and thus, increases the engagement on your posts.
3. Go for Engaging Captions- Keep your captions short, intriguing, crisp and quirky. Opt for a conversational tone, one that compels your audience to stop scrolling, comment and share your posts.
4. Make Moderate Use of Hashtags- Using hashtags help you find people with similar interests and gain extra visibility. But, refrain from using too many hashtags since Instagram mark such posts as spam, reducing their discoverability. Choose 4-5 relevant hashtags that are broad, specific and that can connect you to right people.
5. Tag Deserving Brands and People- Do not forget to tag the organisers if you are attending a corporate event, or your clients when you are posting something about them. Tag people who attend your events or participate in polls, contests and campaigns ran by you. You can also use location tag to relate to your audience better.
6. Ensure Prompt Response and Stay Active- Make sure you respond promptly and meaningfully to the comments on your posts. Striking a conversation with your audience will make them feel heard and valued. Also, keep your social media feed updated by posting regularly. This will keep your audience interested in your feed.
SMB Connect is India’s largest integrated solution platform which links
small and medium sized enterprises and entrepreneurs across the nation.
Our mission is to build supportive communities by using effective
solutions to connect with customers, providing advisory solutions,
leveraging training programs and sharing the experiences of other
businesses, so that SMBs can overcome all odds and succeed. Because we
believe, Small Can Be Big!
We work on three fundamental principles- Connect, Knowledge and Growth
to empower SMEs and to act as catalyst in their development process.
Small and medium enterprises in India & Small business Services are in
full swing. SMBConnect provides India’s largest integrated solution
platform which links SME company, Business advisory services and
Grow your small and micro enterprises & small business services in
India with the help of business services and startup events. Learn to
focus on creative small business ideas and Solution by analyzing
roadmap of successful entrepreneurs in India and also enhance
entrepreneurship development skills with large amount of educate small
and medium enterprises & small business in india.