In the world of business, words like small business & start-up create quite a buzz. There is a lot of confusion when it comes to their definitions. Many people are mistaken and hence use them interchangeably. But apparently, these two forms of business differ in their respective nature and functions. Let’s look at their key difference so there is no room for doubt from the next time.
- Start Up- A start-up starts with a vision of exponential growth in a defined period of time. They are designed to grow fast and target large markets. They either soar high or sink down fast.
- Small Business- Small Business on the other hand have high resilience. They need not focus on high growth measures but function on a constant scale throughout without shutting down.
- Start-Up- They seek large scale funding and approach venture capitalist & angel investors.
- Small Business- They are often self-funded or financed from family initially and then later seek funding from bank and other financial institutions.
- Start-Up- They start with innovative & new ideas and product lines. They aim to provide something unique to their customers which never existed before.
- Small Business- They stick to traditional products & services with little or no innovation. They are generally the production or manufacturing unit of the economy.
- Start-Up- They have to start with an exit strategy. Pitching for VCs without the planning for an end is useless as they are most likely going to lose it.
- Small Business- They do not have any exit strategy. They run for years and from generation to generation.
I hope you are able to figure out now whether your business is a small business or a start-up. J
SMB Connect is India’s largest integrated solution platform which links small and medium sized enterprises and entrepreneurs across the nation. Our mission is to build supportive communities by using effective solutions to connect with customers, providing advisory solutions, leveraging training programs and sharing the experiences of other businesses, so that SMBs can overcome all odds and succeed. Because we believe, Small Can Be Big!
We work on three fundamental principles- Connect, Knowledge and Growth to empower SMEs and to act as catalyst in their development process.
Small and medium enterprises in India & Small business Services are in full swing. SMBConnect provides India’s largest integrated solution platform which links SME company, Business advisory services and entrepreneurs.
Grow your small and micro enterprises & small business services in India with the help of business services and startup events. Learn to focus on creative small business ideas and Solution by analyzing roadmap of successful entrepreneurs in India and also enhance entrepreneurship development skills with large amount of educate small and medium enterprises & small business in india.